All activities of PPTR 2018 will take place in Radisson Blu Resort, Split, Croatia.
About the meeting
The scientific programme will include a mix of symposia, lectures, debates and a student competition. It will bring together scientists with an interest in temperature regulation in various species across a broad range of themes, including:
- Behavioural regulation of body temperature
- Automonic and central pathways of body temperature regulation
- Torpor, hibernation and hypothermia
- Exercise temperature regulation
- Sleep and vigilance
- Thermal comfort
- Molecular thermal physiology and thermal sensation
- Evolutionary and comparative physiology of temperature regulation
- Medical applications of thermal physiology
- Impacts of climate change on health, adaptation and biogeography
- Thermal models and simulations
- Historical perspectives
The society: PPTR
The International Society for the Physiology and Pharmacology of Temperature Regulation is a Subcommission of the Comparative Physiology Commission (Evolution, Adaptation & Environment) of the International Union of Physiological Sciences.
- early registration deadline: August 30, 2018
- submission deadline: July 31, 2018
- notification of acceptance: August 10, 2018
- hotel reservation deadline: August 15, 2018
We have booked 100 rooms in the Radisson Blu Hotel. They will be assigned on a first-come basis. If you want to ensure your accommodation at the conference venue, please book early.
- deadline for submission of proposals: April 20, 2018
- notification of Symposia acceptance: May 15, 2018
- deadline for submission of final Symposia programmes: June 1, 2018
(ie. Title, organisers, contributors, abstracts, etc.)
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST TO HOST THE NEXT MEETING
Proposals are now being accepted for future meetings of our society.
In the event that you might be interested in hosting a future meeting of the society (year to be determined), please also submit an Expression of Interest.